Our fun, interactive, and inspiring half-day workshop is designed to target the unique challenges girls face. Our program provides the tools and confidence to create a more supportive Girl World. Groups of 10–12 girls are overseen by 1-2 peer leaders, who guide the conversations and activities.
Girl Nation creates a safe, conversational environment to help girls open up. This foundation nurtures important group discussions focusing on sharing experiences, learning forgiveness, and repairing broken relationships. The girls begin to introduce new topics and experiences they never shared before, and this can be incredibly therapeutic.
Our activities are designed to boost self-esteem, self-respect, and self-worth. We foster feelings of friendship and support. This helps girls break down barriers, create new connections, develop stronger relationships, and acquire a deeper understanding – as girls; we are all on the same team.
We have an inspirational nutritionist who teaches the importance of food, and how to make healthy choices. These lessons include interactive demonstrations, where girls learn to make their own healthy snacks.
Toward the end of the day, we provide an introductory yoga class, which shows the importance of meditation and learning to be “in the now.” Our final activity is a heartfelt “letting go” ceremony, with balloons, which often becomes a life changing experience for our girls.
We offer a six week after school class that is designed to create a safe, conversational environment to help girls break down barriers, open up, share experiences, forgive each other, repair broken relationships and increase self-esteem, self-respect, and self-worth. We have a variety of fun and interactive, inspiring art projects that all focus on confidence and empowerment. All of the projects are created to help boost self-esteem and introduce them to different unique parts of themselves.
Topics covered in both classes include:
- Self Esteem, Body Image & The Pressure to Fit In: Girls will get to chat with our high school ambassadors about growing up, leadership and general advice.
- Girl World Relationships: Conflict resolution tips and building healthy relationships.
- Online DRAMA!: Navigating the complicated world of girl’s online relationships.
- Self-Respect & Self-Worth: Helping girls discover authentic confidence and inspire it in others.
- Yoga and Nutrition: Learning to look inside to keep yourself balanced and happy.
- Acts of Kindness: Inspiring girls to connect with and support each other.
- Community Involvement: We find ways to help a different organization each year. This year we worked with Child Haven and Refuge for Women.
Girl Nation is available for school presentations, as well as weekend workshops. For workshops, groups of ten girls are required. If you are interested, or would like additional information, please contact us.